Why is my engine losing power?  

I drive a Toyota Corolla S, 2006 model which had a mileage of 106,000 kilometers. Recently I have noticed that while moving, the engine power goes down as soon as I hit the brakes and stalls. I turn off the engine and it restarts again. It happens again immediately after I touch the brakes. What could be the problem?

Many Thanks.

5 Answers

There are many reasons as to why your Engine may be losing power. They include; Dirty Airfilter, clogged exhaust, low compression, bad injectors, bad spark plugs..

engine is being restricted either by fuel .timing or both. ( assuming breathing issues are not involved)diagnostic check at a garage will sort . the coming off the throttle allows correct fuelling /ignition to occur. it may pay to have car serviced at same time.

check your electrical ignition system to see if it's time for a tuneup.

Sounds like your alternator is on the frtz, or you need a newbattery. take the car to a reliable shop, & have the check it out

check for loose/dirty battery cables...2 go to advance auto or other parts store for free check of battery,alternator,,,,check engine lite on get free scan there too

Share: