Ac not working  

Hey guys, I have a VW Jetta Sedan. The AC hasn't been working for about a year now. Last year, some days, it would blow cold air and some days it wouldn't. This year, I've only had to use it this past week due to the increasing temperatures, and all it does it blow air. I'm planning to take it to a VW authorized service center, but if there's any checks I can do to diagnose it, please let me know. Also, if there's a different shop I should take it to instead of a dealership, please give me some options. Thanks!

If you have correct refrigerant amount see if the compressor turns on. If it doesn’t try jumping the pressure switch. If the system works replace the switch.

I'm an absolute car noob. Is there a youtube video or a guide to understand how to go about it?

Different cars have the switch in different places you should google it jeeta ac pressure switch and you will surely get some results It’s about a $20 part and easy enough to replace. It has a simple electrical connector and screws into place. Of course if the system is low/empty then it’s leaking and that’s probably your issue.

Sure i will check it and come here soon

Did you check the gas ?

Share: